Board of Education
The District is governed by an elected Board of Education. This Board welcomes and encourages you to attend the Board meetings. Agendas and minutes from previous Board meetings are available on this web site or at the meetings.
The Board usually meets the second Thursday of each month. It seldom meets in July and a complete schedule of meetings is available on this site.
The Mark Twain Board of Education sets policy for the District and yearly sets District Goals. The goals provide the direction for the District's work and keep it focused on the success of our students.
The Overall District Goals:
- Increase Student Academic Success
- Align District Expenditures to Support District Goals
- Provide Technology Infrastructure to Support Curriculum and Student Data Management
- Recruit and Retain Qualified Personnel
- Specific goals support the overall goals and progress toward completion of those goals is posted on the web site for your review.
The Board rotates its meeting between Mark Twain Elementary School and Copperopolis Elementary School. The open session of the meetings begin at 6:30 pm (closed session at 5:30 pm). The Brown Act, the open meeting law, insures that the Board's actions are taken openly and that their deliberations are conducted openly. The public is welcome to comment on items on the agenda and on any topic during the Public Comment section. Due to the Brown Act stipulations, the Board cannot take action on an item brought to its attention during Public Comment.