Dear 8th Grade Parents and Guardians:
I would like to thank everyone’s input for this year graduation ceremony! The suggestions and input were very valued and after much consideration and discussion with staff, parents and outside agencies we decided to have the first Mark Twain 8th Grade Distance Graduation. Please read through the document.
Awards Night- June 2
Please attend the virtual awards night to honor our 8th graders award winners. Mark Twain’s virtual awards will be held on Tuesday, June 2nd via Google Meet at 6:00 pm. You can access by:
Join by phone +1 262-468-7205 PIN: 596 789 290#
Drive Through Graduation
Graduation for this year’s Mark Twain 8th grade class will take place on Thursday, June 4 from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm at the bus chute loop by the big gym on the Mark Twain campus!
Students will be given their diplomas, any awards that they received, and their grad night “goodie bags” donated by 8th grade parents. Each 8th grade student that “walks” at graduation will have his or her picture taken in their gowns. The photos we be available for purchases.
Drive through Ceremony - June 4th
* Students can use their own mask or one will be given to during the drive through at the 1st
* Each family is allowed one car per graduate - decorate it! Make it fun!
* All passengers must be inside and enclosed within the vehicle (including trucks).
* No one except the graduate may exit the vehicle during the entirety of the drive through commencement.
* Each graduate should preferably sit on the left-hand side of the vehicle for time purposes.
* When you reach the District Office on June 4th, please place your placard on your front wiper and have your graduate put on their mask.
* When the student arrives at the gate marking the end of the bus chute, they must remain in their vehicles until their name is called. Once their name is called, they will exit their vehicles and approach the table for their diploma.
* Families will remain in their vehicles and follow the cones marking the vehicle track. Families may take photos from their cars.
* Once students have received their diploma, they will continue forward and have two separate pictures taken.
Drive Through Ceremony Directions
The start of the ceremony is at the District Office: 981 Tuolumne Ave, Angels Camp, CA 95222.
Turn right on Stanislaus Ave. from Froggy’s car wash or Left on Stanislaus from US Bank to head toward Mark Twain school / Turn right on San Joaquin Ave / Turn left on Alpine Ave / Turn left on Tuolumne Ave / Turn left into District office parking lot for the ceremony.
Drive Through Ceremony Times
Each student, based on the first initial of your graduate’s last name, will be given an hour window to drive through the ceremony:
5:00-5:30 A-G / 5:30-6:00 H-M / 6:00-6:30 N-R / 6:30-7:00 S-Z
Drive Through Ceremony - Video Montage
The photographs taken from the graduation will be compiled together to create a video montage of all the graduates. The video will also include speeches from the Valedictorian, Salutatorian, and the Student Body President. This video will be available for viewing and sharing the week of June 22nd-26th.
I would like thank everyone for making this year’s 8th grade Graduation a success! You show what it is to be a Mark Twain Badger!
Again, thank you very much! I look forward seeing everyone June 2nd and 4th.
Students will not return to a regular classroom setting. The District is planning to continue providing instruction and services to your children via distance learning through the end of the school year June 5, 2020.
As the school year progresses, we will be making decisions regarding summer school, Special Education ESY, and 8th grade graduation dependent on the school closure directives related to the COVID pandemic. We will share information about these programs as soon as possible.
How to connect:
You will need your school google account information to log in. Look for the Wireless network named “All School.” Click or touch that network on your screen to connect. After a few seconds, a webpage should launch and direct you to a google login page. When prompted, please log in with your school google account. The Following school domains are configured to work on this network:
bhuhsd.net, calaverasra.net, calaverascoe.net, custudents.net, mountainoaks.net, mtuesd.org, vsd.k12.ca.us
Bret Harte High School - 364 Murphys Grade Rd, AC
Calaveras County Office of Education - 185 S Main St, AC
Mark Twain Elementary - 646 Stanislaus Ave, AC
Mark Twain District Office - 981 Tuolumne Ave, AC
Copper Elementary School - 217 School St., COP
Calaveras River Academy – 150 Old Oak Rd, SA
Mountain Oaks School – 150 Old Oak Rd, SA
CCOE Transition Program – 3670 Church St., VAL